1. What was the recording process for the album like?
Incredible, we’ve spent over a year of being bunkered down in a studio exploring sounds, talking shit, writing songs, using everything at our disposal and trying to make the most amazing music that our brains can come up with. We’re stoked.
2. You haven’t been to Brisbane in years! WHY?! (what’s wrong with us?)
I know it’s crazy, we haven’t played in Brisbane since 2011. And don’t be silly, there’s nothing wrong with you, it’s just that you’re all mad bogans…… and that’s sweet because we’re bogans too! Yay, hey have you seen me footy shorts? Hehe, seriously we love Brissy heaps and can’t wait to get back up there.
3. Your live show seems like it’s going to be quite the spectacle! What can we expect?
You can expect three dudes onstage being busy little beavers with guitar, bass, drums, 2 synths, loads of pedals, loops, trigger pads, 3 part vocals, hugs and hi 5’s
4. Who came up with the idea for the video? what was involved in its creation?
The film clip for ‘Shades’ was made by our awesome friend (and my ex flatmate) Ed Spurrier. We approached him after he made a couple of short animations for us that we loved so much. He absolutely nailed it and we’re just so impressed by how well it turned out. We tried to match the clip with the song which is kind of about how we should treasure the little wins in life (even though sometimes things can be tough) and make them last as long as possible.
5. Your favourite song off the upcoming album?
It changes all the time, but my personal fave right now is one called ‘Pushing and Pulling’ It deffo’s gets the balls tingling.
6. What are you most looking forward to in the next 6 months?
1. This tour with Enola Fall
2. Releasing our first album
3. My car making it to Brisbane and back
7. Which 3 bands/artists would you love to tour with?
Wow, ok, i’m sure Luke’s list would be different but for me it’s :
1. Friendly Fires (the style)
2. Daft Punk (the enormity)
3. Motley Crue (the green room)
8. What do you think of the Brisbane music scene?
Man, surely Brisbane has been leading the way for like at least 5 years now in terms of amazing new bands. I don’t know how but you guys just manage to pop out serious talent on such a regular basis. Maybe it’s the sunshine, maybe it’s the relaxed demeanor, maybe it’s the sheer number of footy shorts. Who knows.
9. When can we expect to see you in Brisbane next?
Brisbane, Alhambra Lounge 16th May
Toowoomba, The Spotted Cow 17th May